Monday, November 3, 2008

The Day Before..... November 3rd 2008

Just some thoughts before the big day tomorrow.
I keep wondering about the level of unspoken , simmering hatefulness all around me..
I mean where I live, there seems to be a completely separate reality for those who are for Obama and those that aren't....
I actually had my car vandalized by somebody who apparently didn't like my "Obama '08" sticker I had in the rear window... I say that was the reason as opposed to the idea that it was random, or someone I knew. The sticker was the only thing taken. Pulled it off and tore it up and tossed it into the trash. Then , the person (or people) keyed my car... Someone I knew?? Unlikely since I was in another city attending a seminar and staying at a hotel. Sorta of lets out the possibility of a known person also since I didn't know anyone there...
I am stunned at the action...
And the person was so confident in their act that they did it in the daytime...
While my car was parked in the hotel parking lot and still nobody saw a thing...
I forgot to mention that the car was all of ten feet from the front door of the hotel and the sticker went into the trash can at the front door...
When I attempted to complain, I was flat told by the clerk, "Chill, it was just a sticker!"...
Back in my hometown there was on a corner of private land facing a busy intersection a large "Obama '08" banner..... The brave individual (s) here waited until night (cover of darkness) presumably because they were so brave. Then they tore the banner down and threw it into a mud hole. The banner was replaced within a day and within a day it too was destroyed.
This took place three times..
Now there is no banner...
I am shocked at the hate behind so childish an action...
It must stop...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey essaress...i've posted what a wonderful world just for you.

also found a vid w/louis & johnny cash doing an old jimmie rogers tune...