Thursday, November 6, 2008

In Response to Another Blogger's Thoughts That "Black Folks" Will Be Expecting A Lil' Sumpin-sumpin

Blogger Essaress ; Prior of the F.C.F.J., said...

I think Woody has a point... Having acknowledged same, I want to posit that the aforementioned "folks" are mostly ( the exact percentile escapes me) but mostly, simply wishing him to do well and in doing so justify their own lives... I hear from "white" people almost daily how the "black" people are going to be expecting "special treatment"...it is all a bit unclear as to what that treatment might be considered to be by the "whites"...but as for me it is crystal clear that this is simply another case of racial underestimation and poor information digestion on the part of the "whites"...
I contend that although there may well be a segment of "blacks" (a small one) that are expecting such treatment, the majority are adamant that no such thing ever take place since it would constitute in and of itself ( the "special treatment") a form of discrimination.. and worse..it would to the white population look as tho there was "payback" taking place...Or some form or special help because the poor black folks just cannot do things for themselves...
And they DO NOT WANT THAT impression to ever be the accepted impression..
I'm just saying the things that are obvious to me , a fella that is part black, part white, part Aboriginal Native, and part Mexican...
The "folks" I have discussed this with are quite clear on their culture's feelings about this very issue...wish the man well, pray for him, and take glorious pleasure in the accomplishment...but "special Treatment"???? Not really, not so much at all...
But hey, if you know of somebody in the Government handing out favors ...I'm open for money, good job, whatever...
And I'm quite sure I fit the description of "Folk"....

No comments: