Friday, December 19, 2008

In Response to Several Protests Concerning Obama's Choice to Give the Inaugration Invocation.

Essaress ; Prior of the F.C.F.J., said...

Left I, I have been unaffiliated for ten 'effing years...it is shite just like this that caused me to leave the Democratic Party as an elected official...it is this type of pandering that I find disheartening and degenerating in nature (at the heart of the Party)...I voted for Obama , not because of some vague fear that "Bush- Lite" would be in there otherwise, but because of another type of stupid prejudice that has to stop in our country...
It has to start somewhere and I am certain it would never start with the criminal family called Republicans...It will start with the Democrats...
While this is a terribly upsetting action by my President...I am not about to repudiate everything he does AFTER he is sworn in, Before He Is Sworn IN!!!
I see it as an attempt to send the message of tolerance to those Fundamentalists , those American (Christian) Taliban... That he is willing to entertain their opinions at least, not that he is going to convert to their agenda...
But it is pandering, it is sickening and I don't like it...
"Threaten to not vote for him"???? Never gonna happen... I DID vote for him, twice, both in the primary, and the general election...
One poor (and badly judged) action BEFORE he is even legally President does not invalidate his administration Before it is even started...
Is it cause to drop Democratic affiliation??? You damn right it is...
Now it remains to be seen how compromised he allows things to get...
But again, history is never a smooth shot to the heights...it rarely ever goes forward without first going backward too...
We accomplished an historic event electing Obama...
Now we wait...

No comments: