Thursday, December 11, 2008

In Response to a Skippy Posted Video About The "True" Cost Of Wal Mart

Just as when , in orientation I had to listen to a member of management tell a room full of adults that,"Wal Mart is not anti-union..Wal Mart is pro-Associate"..and tell us that with a straight face... I proceeded to get into a protracted argument with that man over the stupidity of such a statement...
It is usually followed up with remarks like ,"We simply feel that our associates are smart enough to decide what to do with their pay and no union should be involved"...
More stupidity...
However, If you are going to go around talking about the evils of a thing...you really should know in detail, what you are talking about...
That hasn't stopped an unknowable number of folks holding forth about the horrors of this drug, that company, that religious group, etc...but it should have...
Wal Mart for instance DOES provide access to health care for it's associates...it isn't really worth having...but they do it...so when I hear from some video source that they don't...it gets me a bit angry...because it puts me into the position of having to appear to defend a corporation that I truly feel is a blight on our economy...

Tell the truth, derived from facts...thats all I'm sayin...

3:32 PM PST

No comments: