Friday, March 6, 2009

The NYT says that Food Inspectors are Ignorant of their own JOBS!!!!

When I was seven or maybe eight...my Father took me to a slaughter house... I cannot say the idea ever occurred to me in the raising of my brood...but looking back I don't think it actually had a negative impact either...
Nobody likes to see the sausage being actually made. And I certainly don't think children should be allowed to. Not until they express an interest and desire to see that. And only after first explaining the process and possibly even showing them video... I dunno, each child is different...
At any rate...I think there is a gigantic disconnect between the Consumer and the Processor... Maybe If people were schooled about these type of thing in school fields trips for instance, Maybe there would be more responsible conduct all around...
The Processor is bending and breaking laws to meet demand, Demand is pushing for More and Faster to keep up with the Consumers Buying habits...
In the end we all get poisoned by our own greedy guts...
Truly it isn't intentional, and the victims would rightly argue that "They" did not force the it breakdown of these strictures and regulations...and they are Correct ...partially.
But we all bear a bit of the responsibility....NO, don't flame me about this ( or go ahead ) but the fact remains that with food and the production of same...it really is a market driven thing...surely the market "Forces" we all hear about have been exaggerated and or lied about at every turn due mostly to greed...but We Consumers need to get some education about our food sources instead of assuming that they will be there when we decide that we are feeling a bit peckish...
And hey, I'm a big fat , slob of a guy that got that way eating junk... so I can bitch only a little...but I Can bitch nevertheless....
It is TOO Expensive in this Country to eat "Healthy" for most folks...so you end up eating junk...
Just,...if you eat meat...go see where it comes from..thats all I'm saying....

No comments: